Best of the Best! Any Opinions?
Quote · 1855 days ago · 1 people like this ·

Ok, so I just bought a new reining mare, and since she is my first competition horse...well I spoiled her a bit.

I recently purchased Dumor Fly spray, and love it. No stink, and the flys ROLL off the horse. I do apply daily, but where I live the flies are bad.

I also started feeding her Life Design Complete. It is a decent priced feed from the local stores that is NOT dripping in molassas, or super dry and dusty, also smells great, i've thought about tasting it.

So I just wondered what everyone else used, & why. Anything goes, not just feed and/or flysray.

Quote · 1745 days ago · 0 people like this ·

have you ever tried a little garlic in the feed it helps with the flies and also ar you activly showing and working her if so have you thought of a performance feed and keep spoiling her every horse deserves to be spoiled...Smile

Quote · 1740 days ago · 0 people like this ·

I buy just about any kind of fly spray and add an ounce or two of rubbing alcohol. Flies die quickly.

I use nutrena 10/10 feed because I have older horses and like the high fat. I don't need any special older horse feed or additives because for hay we feed TriForage and Chaffhaye.

The only part of the above I would call the best of the best is the chaffhaye but I like the other stuff too.

Quote · 1700 days ago · 0 people like this ·

I know I'm a little late for this forum post, but maybe you will read it anyways, next flie season is not too far away anymore. I would like to agree with the person who recommended the garlic, I've had very good results with that too, and additional to that I would like to mention that it also works to keep ticks and fleas off, plus it has the same effect on the horses health and wellbeing like it does for humans. Biggest advantage - no chemicals.

Quote · 1668 days ago · 0 people like this ·

I like the fly sheets with some fly spray rubbed on horse first with a soft rag.  I spray the flyspray on the rag and rub it on him, legs, tail, etc. then put on his fly sheet.  Horses don't like the spray in the air or the sound of a trigger spray.  That's why I apply it this way.  The flysheet also prevents dirt stains and sun fade to the horses coat.

Forums Home
Hello Guest! Join | Login

Did You Know?

Modern horse breeds developed in response to a need for "form to function", the necessity to develop certain physical characteristics in order to perform a certain type of work... More...

The Gypsy Cob was originally bred to be a wagon horse and pulled wagons or caravans known as Vardos; a type of covered wagon that people lived in... More...

Archaeological evidence indicates that the Arabian horse bloodline dates back 4,500 years. Throughout history, Arabian horses spread around the world by both war and trade.... More...

That the term "Sporthorse" is a term used to describe a type of horse rather than any particular breed... More...