How do I locate an AQHA horse I sold

Quote · 1406 days ago · 0 people like this ·

Is there a site I can use to locate the current owners of an AQHA gelding I sold in 2003 in CA. His name is Second Chance Chex. He was foaled in 2001 and I would really like to find his current owners. If you have any information that would help me, please e-mail me at: homesfrommars@gmail.com  Thank you. Cherie Mars

Quote · 1397 days ago · 0 people like this ·

Hi Cherie:

I've looked around and couldn't find any information onf "Second Chance Chex" so far but I have two ideas for you.

1. If your quarter horse is registered you could contact the AQHA and inquire who the current owner of record is.

2. If the horse is not registered, you could post a Free "Horse Wanted" Classified on this website and hope for someone to see the post.  If you have any pictures it might help folks recognize him even if they don't know his name.

If I think of anything else I'll let you know.   Good luck!..........Linda

Dear Linda,

It was so kind of you to try to help me find my AQHA gelding Second Chance Chex.

I did call AQHA monday and believe it or not, he is still showing in my name so any new owners have not transferred him.

I am going to visit family in CA soon, so I thought I'd hit all the feed and tack stores in Norco and check out all the horse publications and ads in them and see if I might locate him that way. If not, I can run an inexpensive ad in them and maybe the owner will contact me.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks again,

Cherie

If you're going to put up any flyers in CA while you visit, you might want to include a photo (if you have one).  Like they say..."a picture is worth a thousand words":) 

I look forward to hearing how it's going. 

If all else fails perhaps you can keep checking back with the AQHA and hope that the current owners get his records updated.

Best of luck....I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. ..........Linda

Forums Home
Hello Guest! Join | Login

Did You Know?

Modern horse breeds developed in response to a need for "form to function", the necessity to develop certain physical characteristics in order to perform a certain type of work... More...

The Gypsy Cob was originally bred to be a wagon horse and pulled wagons or caravans known as Vardos; a type of covered wagon that people lived in... More...

Archaeological evidence indicates that the Arabian horse bloodline dates back 4,500 years. Throughout history, Arabian horses spread around the world by both war and trade.... More...

That the term "Sporthorse" is a term used to describe a type of horse rather than any particular breed... More...