New First-time Owner
Quote · 1513 days ago · 0 people like this ·

Hey all:

I'm a new owner of an Arab-TB Cross.  I've been riding for about 35 years and been leasing the last 5.  I decided it's time to step up to the plate with ownership.

My girl has had basic training (well done) but I want to make sure I try to teach her as much as possible to be fun to ride, not just work and fun.

Are there any books you can recommend for both what I can work with her on and any tack that may be helpful?  The previous owners had been using a homemade version of a training fork and it appears to be working well with her headset, but is this something I have to continuously use?  As I said, I am a new owner; all of my leases have come with their tack so I don't know what to 'start' with (if anything).  Oh, but I shoud say I do already have a saddle, pads, bridle, etc.  Just nothing beyond the basics.

Any help is very appreciated!!

Lori B
Forums Home
Hello Guest! Join | Login

Did You Know?

Modern horse breeds developed in response to a need for "form to function", the necessity to develop certain physical characteristics in order to perform a certain type of work... More...

The Gypsy Cob was originally bred to be a wagon horse and pulled wagons or caravans known as Vardos; a type of covered wagon that people lived in... More...

Archaeological evidence indicates that the Arabian horse bloodline dates back 4,500 years. Throughout history, Arabian horses spread around the world by both war and trade.... More...

That the term "Sporthorse" is a term used to describe a type of horse rather than any particular breed... More...