Slow Feed Hay Bags

Quote · 1766 days ago · 0 people like this ·

I started using these hay bags to slow the consumption rate of hay, and just love all the wonderful benefits.  My horses used to eat all their hay in about an hour then had nothing to do until dinner.  Now It takes them half the day and sometimes longer to eat the same amount of hay I was feeding before.  It's been wonderful for them and me.  They are calmer and happier and I know it is so much better for their health.  Please Check out this website for more great ideas.   http://www.tntcustommetalworks.com

I hang my bags on the fences, trees, and from the rafters of my shed just like in the pictures.  If the bag hangs freely and swings around its like a hugh hay toy for the horses to play with so this is my favorite way to hang them if possible. It works great! 

It is much easier if you put a clip of some kind on the bag string.  The bags can be challenging to fill so I use the "Bag Buddy"  It holds the bag open so it is so much easier to fill. 

Please do some research on this and you will see how many wonderful benefits there are to using these bags.  Great for horses with insulin resistance and for horses like mine that unfortunately do not have access to lush pasture for most of the year.

They will save you money on vet bills and waisted hay.  Well worth the investment!

Also so fantastic to take to the show or camping keeps your horse busy all day.  In the trailer the hay is not all over the floor like bags with one big hole.   also much safer, horse feet can't get caught in the small mesh.  I had a horse once get his foot in the hay bag hole while he was in the trailer ( ? ) How I don't know, but thank God we got him out of it and he wasn't badly injured.  Just a few bumps on his head...

Please for the sake of your horse check these out.  :)  Happy Trails to All!

Forums Home
Hello Guest! Join | Login

Did You Know?

Modern horse breeds developed in response to a need for "form to function", the necessity to develop certain physical characteristics in order to perform a certain type of work... More...

The Gypsy Cob was originally bred to be a wagon horse and pulled wagons or caravans known as Vardos; a type of covered wagon that people lived in... More...

Archaeological evidence indicates that the Arabian horse bloodline dates back 4,500 years. Throughout history, Arabian horses spread around the world by both war and trade.... More...

That the term "Sporthorse" is a term used to describe a type of horse rather than any particular breed... More...