Tips for beginners on handling and safety!

Quote · 1770 days ago · 0 people like this ·

Hello, I think this would be a great topic for everyone to share thier tips for the beginner horse person! We were all beginners at one point! I have listed my link to the article I wrote today that shows a few videos and gives a little info on why safety and proper handling is important.

Please visit my website at http://horsebeginnings.blogspot.com/ 

Please join and share my page with others! And dont forget to post here any tips you may have to stay safe!

Thanks!

Quote · 1712 days ago · 0 people like this ·

Well there asre so many!!  I am not a newbie, but my horse is green and I have never trained a horse before.  So I watch a lot of videos, ask people with more knowledge a lot of questions, have people with more training than me to show me things when I get stuck (lunging), etc.  And practice praxctice practice.  If it doesn't feel right, it's not.

Quote · 1711 days ago · 0 people like this ·

Thanks Sara.... Great topic.  I will "Subscribe" to this topic so I can stay informed.

I think one very important step for beginners is to take some time developing trust between you and your horse.  This is an ongoing process but this really pays off when something happens to your horse and he/she needs your help (like an injury).  I currently have a horse (Grace) with a rather severe eye injury which requires treatment 6 times per day.  If she didn't trust me this task would be nearly impossible.

At the same time be sure to work on gaining your horses respect.  There are lots of books on the subject....Good luck to everyone.  And thanks Sara, I'll check out your blog...Linda

My baby, Grace.

Quote · 1603 days ago · 0 people like this ·

sara went to your blog site it tell me it has been removed. is this right?

Forums Home
Hello Guest! Join | Login

Did You Know?

Modern horse breeds developed in response to a need for "form to function", the necessity to develop certain physical characteristics in order to perform a certain type of work... More...

The Gypsy Cob was originally bred to be a wagon horse and pulled wagons or caravans known as Vardos; a type of covered wagon that people lived in... More...

Archaeological evidence indicates that the Arabian horse bloodline dates back 4,500 years. Throughout history, Arabian horses spread around the world by both war and trade.... More...

That the term "Sporthorse" is a term used to describe a type of horse rather than any particular breed... More...