Your horse's funny or not so funny quirks
Quote · 1919 days ago · 1 people like this ·

I wanna know what your horse's funny or not so funny quirks are.

My gelding, Thunder, will push in the panels for the round pen. He also likes to put his head through the panels, and drop his head so he's pushing hard on his throat and make himself choke. Then he coughs and does it again! 

My other horse that I used to own liked to eat oranges, popsicles, sandwichs, pizza crust, necturines, and peaches.

What do your horses like to eat, do, or anything that's unusual for a horse? Cool

Quote · 1919 days ago · 0 people like this ·

Hi CrzyHorsGrl4evr...this is a fun forum post!  One of my horses liked to chase me around with his feed pan in his mouth until  I feed

Quote · 1916 days ago · 0 people like this ·

Along with the horses above that are mine, we've had a lot of other horses in the past and I just remembered some of their quirks.

Two of our horses used to play tug of war with an old tire. Then one of the horses would let go and the other would just stand there and bob his head with the tire still clutched in his teeth.

Another horse loved licorice and also tried climbing into the water trough because she loved water so much.

Lastly, another guy would stick his whole head except for his ears into the water trough and blow really big bubbles.

Tongue outLaughing

Quote · 1914 days ago · 0 people like this ·

We had one that liked to climb her front legs up the mounting block.  We have a mare that loves cheese burgers and my buckskin - Colonel Montgomery Dunbar/aka Butthead loves to grab cell phones.  The worst place he has dropped on is in a manure pile. 

Quote · 1910 days ago · 0 people like this ·

I used to have a horse that had learned to work the latches for the gates to the round pen and stall. We had to padlock the latches if we wanted to keep him in because he would watch us, and then learn how to operate them.

I also used to know of a horse at the Riding Stable in Paolo Duro Canyon in Texas that would remove the bridles, or halters of the other horses. (The ones awaiting riders) The owners of the stable finally had to keep him in a separate pen so that he couldn't do it. However, the other horses would come to him one at a time and he would remove their halters or bridles. It was actually pretty funny.

At that same riding stable, there was also a horse that sounded like he had asthma, and would wheeze whenever you took him out riding because he was allergic to (get this) HAY!!! I always felt sorry for him, but he didn't seem to mind, and it never did really affect him if he WANTED to do something....

Forums Home
Hello Guest! Join | Login

Did You Know?

Modern horse breeds developed in response to a need for "form to function", the necessity to develop certain physical characteristics in order to perform a certain type of work... More...

The Gypsy Cob was originally bred to be a wagon horse and pulled wagons or caravans known as Vardos; a type of covered wagon that people lived in... More...

Archaeological evidence indicates that the Arabian horse bloodline dates back 4,500 years. Throughout history, Arabian horses spread around the world by both war and trade.... More...

That the term "Sporthorse" is a term used to describe a type of horse rather than any particular breed... More...