finding information/pedigree on my dad's Arabian
Quote · 1155 days ago · 0 people like this ·

How do I find out about a horse my dad had.  It was a registered Arabian Stallion, Grey/white as it aged.  The horse was bred a few times and I want to find a horse with same bloodline if possible.  I don't have a lot of information to go on.  I don't even have the horse's full name, only the first name and maybe not the correct spelling: Kasack (sounds like Cossack).  We only called him by his nickname, Kassie.  One of offspring was in Missouri.  The horse was one year old when my dad got him in about 1960??

Maybe this isn't possible to track but it would mean so much.  My dad died when I was 10 and my grandpa continued to care for his horse.  Kasack was such an important part his life.  Once my grandpa passed the horse was given away and died soon after (around 1987-88).   I obviously don't know a lot about horses so any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks so much,

Quote · 1111 days ago · 0 people like this ·

Hi kathy9399,

I tried to find information on Kasack for you but found nothing.  Without a full name or a partial name (correctly spelled) along with a birth year it won't be easy.  You might try contacting the Arabian Horse Association and see if they can shed some light. There are many Arabian Associations across the world, but here is the link to one of them.  Hope it helps. On their home page you can click the "Contact Us" link to either call them or send them an email.

If you do find his name and pedigree information please let me know.  It would be fun to hear about.

Sorry I could not help more..............Good luck !

Forums Home
Hello Guest! Join | Login

Did You Know?

Modern horse breeds developed in response to a need for "form to function", the necessity to develop certain physical characteristics in order to perform a certain type of work... More...

The Gypsy Cob was originally bred to be a wagon horse and pulled wagons or caravans known as Vardos; a type of covered wagon that people lived in... More...

Archaeological evidence indicates that the Arabian horse bloodline dates back 4,500 years. Throughout history, Arabian horses spread around the world by both war and trade.... More...

That the term "Sporthorse" is a term used to describe a type of horse rather than any particular breed... More...