Horse Vet Q&A
Learn From The Experiences Of Other Members!
Check Out The Complete List Of Horse Vet Questions & Answers
Learn from our Pro Horse Vet (Dr. Jim Joyce DVM) using the below list of previous horse healthcare questions and answers. You'll find detailed answers to many common questions. Questions are organized by subject/topic and beneath each subject are the most recent questions for that topic. Just click on a question to view the member's question, our Veterinarian's answer and any relevant photos/videos. Click [MORE] to see the full list of questions for that topic and then click [Back to List] to go back to the summary.
Skin, Mane & Tail Problems
- Small bumps/bites
- rubbed off mane
- rubbing hair off side of nose using hay feeder
- Sweet Itch
- eats the other horses tails and manes off
Diet, Nutrition & Supplements
- Pot belly horse showing ribs
- EPSM Mare
- Herbal Horse Cookies
- Is it okay to feed my horse once a day?
- I have a horse I need help just saved this horse from a bad enviorment it was in
Ophthalmology (Eye Injury & Care)
- the baby has a red sclera...
- Possible Progressive Retinal Atrophy
- recommended treatment
- cure for cherry eye
- Lots of flies on the eyes
Exercise, Fitness & Weight Management
- Putting weight on horses
- How do I safely take weight off my 4 year old mare?
Foaling & Foal Care
- Breeding my horse
- My premature foal is going bow legged, what's wrong & what to do?
Podiatry (Hoof Problems & Care)
- Riding on Concrete.
- Mareonly has a problem with the farrier recently. Only on her hind right and only when and to rasp.
- Club Foot in a 12 yo Thoroughbred
- Natural Hoof Care
Equine Illness & Disease
- diagnosis request about my horse disease
- i was wondering if my horse will live after eating a certain kind of caterpillar
- Strange diarrhea
- Exposing new horses
- Seizures and Lyme Disease?
Equine Injuries & Wound Care
- Medial hock laceration
- swelled leg lower
- osteochondrosis of the lateral trochlear ridge
- Raw Patches on horses nose
- leg wound
- Traetment options for old DDFT and suspensory
- Severe Cellulitis
- My horse keeps getting lame
- Swinging leg lameness
- Lame Mule
Other Equine Healthcare Questions
- How Do I Become an Equine Vet
- Do ponies need shots?
- were do i go?
- horse laying down
- heat cycles in a mule
- mare in foal
- Pregnant, maybe?
- Gelding A Stallion
- My mare died and was in labor