AJC Queen Elizabeth Stakes
The AJC Queen Elizabeth Stakes is a Group 1 Thoroughbred horse race run at Weight for Age, over a distance of 2,000 metres in April or May at Randwick Racecourse, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. Prizemoney in 2010 was AUD$350,000.
- From 1851 to 1872 known as Queens Plate.
- From 1873 to 1954 known as AJC Plate.1934 known as AJC Kings Cup.
- From 1954 to present known as Queen Elizabeth Stakes.
- note: both AJC plate and Queen Elizabeth Stakes were run in 1954
- 1851 to 1922 run over 24 furlongs (approx 4,800 m).
- 1923 to 1941 and 1947 to 1953 run over 18 furlongs (approx 3,600 m).
- 1944 to 1946 run over 14 furlongs (approx 2,800 m).
- 1954, 1970, 1971 run over 12 furlongs (approx 2,400 m).
- 1955 to 1969 and 1972 run over 11 furlongs (approx 2,200 m).
- 1973 to 1978 & 1984, 1985 run over 2,400m.
- 1979 to 1983 and 1986 to present run over 2,000 m.