Achilles of Troy
Achilles of Troy is a thoroughbred horse. As a foal of 2003, he was a possible contender for the U.S. Triple Crown in 2006 but on April 5, 2006 it was announced that soreness had sidelined the colt from the Kentucky Derby and the Triple Crown.
Achilles of Troy is owned by Paraneck Stable. He was originally trained by Jennifer Pedersen but three days prior to the Gotham Stakes, former Paraneck Stables owner and presently authorized agent Ernie Paragallo switched trainers to Frank Amonte, Jr. After the Gotham, Amonte lost his trainers license after he tested positive for an opiate. The horse has been ridden in all of his starts by Ramon A. Dominguez.
He was bred in Kentucky by Glen Hill Farm. His sire is Notebook and his dam is Steamy Recipe.
- 5th, Gotham Stakes, Grade III, Aqueduct Racetrack, One and One-Sixteenth Miles, Fast Dirt Track, March 18, 2006.
- 1st, Whirlaway Stakes, Aqueduct Racetrack, One and One-Sixteenth Miles, Fast Dirt Track, February 11, 2006.
- 1st, Count Fleet Stakes, Aqueduct Racetrack, One Mile and Seventy Yards, Fast Dirt Track, January 7, 2006.
- 1st, Maiden, Aqueduct Racetrack, Six Furlongs, Sloppy Dirt Track, December 29, 2005.
- 4th, Maiden, Aqueduct Racetrack, One and One-Sixteenth Miles, Good Dirt Track, December 10, 2005.
- 2nd, Maiden, Aqueduct Racetrack, One and One-Eighth Miles, Fast Dirt Track, November 4, 2005.
- 3rd, Maiden, Belmont Park, Six Furlongs, Fast Dirt Track, October 20, 2005.