Aintree Racecourse railway station
For a guide to the various Aintree stations that have existed and their relationship to each other see Aintree Stations.
Aintree Racecourse railway station was a station located on the North Mersey Branch. It originally opened as Aintree Cinder Lane around 1890 as the only station on the line at the time, only opening for race days at Aintree Racecourse.
Opened by the Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway, it became part of the London, Midland and Scottish Railway during the Grouping of 1923. The line then passed on to the London Midland Region of British Railways on nationalisation in 1948. It was closed by the British Transport Commission.