Albany Stakes (Great Britain)
|Group 3 race|
|Race type||Flat / Thoroughbred|
|Distance||6f (1,207 metres)|
|Weight||8 st 12 lb|
The Albany Stakes is a Group 3 flat horse race in Great Britain which is open to two-year-old thoroughbred fillies. It is run at Ascot over a distance of 6 furlongs (1,207 metres), and it is scheduled to take place each year in June.
The event was established in 2002, and it was initially classed at Listed level. It was promoted to its current status, Group 3, in 2005. It is presently contested on day four of the five-day Royal Ascot meeting.
Leading jockey (2 wins):
- Jamie Spencer – La Chunga (2005), Nijoom Dubai (2007)
Leading trainer (2 wins):
- Mick Channon – Silca's Gift (2003), Nijoom Dubai (2007)
- Jeremy Noseda – La Chunga (2005), Sander Camillo (2006)
|2002||Duty Paid||Richard Quinn||David Elsworth||1:15.90|
|2003||Silca's Gift||Steve Drowne||Mick Channon||1:15.66|
|2004||Jewel in the Sand||Richard Hughes||Richard Hannon||1:16.13|
|2005||La Chunga ||Jamie Spencer||Jeremy Noseda||1:10.35|
|2006||Sander Camillo||Frankie Dettori||Jeremy Noseda||1:14.27|
|2007||Nijoom Dubai||Jamie Spencer||Mick Channon||1:15.55|
|2008||Cuis Ghaire||Kevin Manning||Jim Bolger||1:15.72|
|2009||Habaayib||Richard Hills||Ed Dunlop||1:15.63|
|2010||Memory||Richard Hughes||Richard Hannon||1:13.70|
- galopp-sieger.de – Albany Stakes.
- horseracingintfed.com – International Federation of Horseracing Authorities – Albany Stakes (2009).
- pedigreequery.com – Albany Stakes – Royal Ascot.