Kingston Town Classic
The Kingston Town Classic is an 1800 metre Australian thoroughbred horse race run under Weight for Age conditions. It is named in honor of the Australian Racing Hall of Fame horse, Kingston Town who won the race in 1982.
This race has undergone many name changes in a short period of time.
- From 1976 to 1979 known as Marlboro 50,000.
- From 1980 to 1983 known as Western Mail Classic.
- From 1984 to 1987 known as Rothwells Stakes.
- From 1988 to 1991 known as Winfield Stakes.
- From 1992 to 1994 known as Beat Diabetes 2 Stakes.
- From 1995 to 2006 known as Fruit 'N' Veg Stakes.
- From 2007 onwards known by its registered name Kingston Town Classic.
- From 1999 to 2000 was run over 1600 metres
- 2003 was over 2000 metres