|This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. Please help by adding reliable sources. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately, especially if potentially libelous or harmful. (March 2009)|
|Only for images narrower than 220 pixels.|
|Date of birth||24, 1969|
|Place of birth||Mendota Heights, Minnesota, United States|
Rebecca Holder (born April 24, 1969) is a female equestrian who qualified for the Eventing competition of the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing from Mendota Heights, Minnesota, competing for the United States for her first ever time. She has been riding the 12-year-old, Courageous Comet, a gray off-the-track thoroughbred gelding, since 2002. Recent successes include the pair finishing second at the 2008 Rolex Kentucky CCI**** in April, 2008.They were in the lead heading into the show jumping but had two rails and fell behind Phillip Dutton and the stunning Connaught. Stadium seems to be the pairs weak point. At The Rolex Kentucky Three Day Event in 2006, Becky also went into show jumping in the lead but had 4 rails down and several time faults, dropping them into a disappointing 13th place.
At the Olympics, she placed fifth in the Individual Eventing Dressage competition with a score of 35.8 penalty points. Sadly, she had two mistakes in her cross-country run, dropping her out of the running for a medal. Becky was the alternate member on the U.S Eventing squad in the 2000 Sydney Olympics on Highland Hogan, but she did not get to compete.
Holder used to run a part-time teaching business out of Carriage House Farm in Hugo, Minnesota. From November to May, she trains her upper level horses in North Carolina.
- ↑ Morris, Joanie (2008-04-24). "Becky Holder Gets a Winning Dressage Score for a Birthday Present on the First Day of Dressage at the 2008 Rolex Kentucky CCI****". Phelps Equine World. http://www.horsesdaily.com/news/eventing/2008/08rolex/04-24-08-holder.html. Retrieved 2008-08-07.
- ↑ "Meet Becky Holder and Comet Of the US Olympic Eventing Team". Regarding Horses. 2008-07-30. http://www.regardinghorses.com/2008/07/30/meet-becky-holder-and-comet-of-the-us-olympic-eventing-team/. Retrieved 2008-08-07.
- ↑ "BECKY HOLDER". Pioneer Press. TwinCities.com. 2008-07-31. http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_10046707. Retrieved 2008-08-07.
- ↑ "Team Eventing Dressage -- Day 1 MorningTeam Eventing -- Dressage". NBC. http://www.nbcolympics.com/equestrian/resultsandschedules/rsc=EQX403300/index.html. Retrieved 2008-08-18.
- ↑ "Becky Holder". U.S. Olympic Committee. http://equestrian.teamusa.org/athlete/athlete/2072. Retrieved 2008-08-07.