<tr><th>Maternal grandsire:</th><td>Billy Sunday</td></tr>
|Owner:||Guy M. Troutman|
|Horse (Equus ferus caballus)|
Billy Clegg was registered as number 427 with the AQHA. His stud book entry gives his information as a bay stallion foaled in 1932, bred by Bernard Adams of Alfred, Texas and his owner at registration as Guy M. Troutman of Tucumcari, New Mexico. His sire was Paul El by Hickory Bill by Peter McCue and his dam was Bivarita by Billy Sunday.
During his stud career, Billy Clegg sired two AQHA Race Register of Merit earners – Billy Big Enuf and Dust Storm. Nine of his daughters went on to produce Register of Merit earners. He sired on AQHA Champion, Billie B Fisher, and several Superior Performce horses, including Chickasha Mike. Twenty-nine of his daughters produced point earning show horses or racers.
|Nora M (TB)|
|The Hero (TB)|
|Prince Plenty (TB)|
|Horace H (TB)|
|Hindoo Queen (TB)|
|Little Easter (TB)|
|mare by Rattler|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 AQHA Official Stud Book and Registry Combined Books 1–5 p. 92
- ↑ Billy Clegg Pedigree at All Breed Pedigree retrieved on June 30, 2007
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Wagoner Quarter Racing Digest p. 108-109
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Wagoner Quarter Horse Reference: 1974 Edition p. 58
- ↑ American Quarter Horse Association "AQHA Hall of Fame"
- "All Breed Pedigree Database Pedigree of Billy Clegg" retrieved on June 30, 2007
- American Quarter Horse Association (AQHA). "AQHA Hall of Fame". American Quarter Horse Association. http://www.aqha.com/foundation/halloffame/halloffamebios.html. Retrieved February 3, 2008.
- American Quarter Horse Association (1961). Official Stud Book and Registry Combined Books 1-2-3-4-5. Amarillo, TX: American Quarter Horse Association.
- Wagoner, Dan (1974). Quarter Horse Reference 1974 Edition. Grapevine, TX: Equine Research.
- Wagoner, Dan (1976). Quarter Racing Digest: 1940 to 1976. Grapevine, TX: Equine Research.