|Sire:||Small Town Dude
<tr><th>Maternal grandsire:</th><td>Blondy Plaudit</td></tr>
|Breeder:||Homer S. Foutz|
|Horse (Equus ferus caballus)|
He was an American Quarter Horse Association (or AQHA) Champion and a Performance Register of Merit earner. Morgan Freeman bought him in 1961, after seeing him at a reining competition as well as at an informal cutting. The horse earned 45 Halter points as well as four cutting and eight reining points with the AQHA. Morgan's son Jerald said that Blondy's Dude was very much a people horse, that he liked to follow people around.
Among his famous offspring were Mighty Blonde, Small Town Babe, Dude's Ann, Okie Star Dude, Hy Fashion Blond, and Dude's Baby Doll. Among his famous grandget was Diamonds Sparkle. His offspring earned twenty-five AQHA Championships, along with Superior Performance horse awards and many Performance Register of Merits. Three of his foals earned year end High Point Awards with the AQHA, and one was a multiple times World Champion at the Youth World Show. His offspring excelled in many different disciplines, having earned Superior Performance awards in Western Pleasure, Reining, Barrel Racing, Hunter Under Saddle, Trail, Roping, and Pole Bending.
He was inducted into the AQHA Hall of Fame. He died in 1981 and was buried in Morgan Freeman's front yard in the town of Skiatook, Oklahoma with a marker stating "God gives his best to those that leave the choice to him. Owned and Loved by Morgan Freeman."
|mare by Traveler|
|Small Town Dude|
|mare by Captain Joe|
|King Plaudit (TB)|
|Lani Chief (TB)|
|Yellow Boy P-18|
|JA Ranch quarter mare|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Wagoner Quarter Horse Reference 1974 Edition p. 66-67
- ↑ Blondy's Dude Pedigree at All Breed Pedigree retrieved on June 26, 2007
- ↑ Thornton The Working Lines Volume II p. 85-91]
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Pitzer The Most Influential Quarter horse Sires p. 15-16
- ↑ Close Legends 4 p. 56
- ↑ American Quarter Horse Association "AQHA Hall of Fame"
- ↑ Wohlfarth "Last Rites" Quarter Horse Journal p. 14
- "All Breed Pedigree Database Pedigree of Blondy's Dude" retrieved June 26, 2007
- American Quarter Horse Association (AQHA). "AQHA Hall of Fame". American Quarter Horse Association. http://www.aqha.com/foundation/halloffame/halloffamebios.html. Retrieved February 3, 2008.
- Larry Thorton; Holmes, Robert L.; Mike Boardman; Diana Ciarloni; Jim Goodhue; Gold, Alan D.; Sally Harrison; Betsy Lynch; AJ Mangum (editors) (2002). Legends 4: Outstanding Quarter Horse Stallions and Mares. Colorado Springs, CO: Western Horseman. ISBN 0-911647-49-X.
- Pitzer, Andrea Laycock (1987). The Most Influential Quarter Horse Sires. Tacoma, WA: Premier Pedigrees.
- Thornton, Larry (1998). The Working Lines Volume II. Meridian, MS: Southern Publishing Company. ISBN 0-9640220-1-X.
- Wagoner, Dan (1974). Quarter Horse Reference 1974 Edition. Grapevine, TX: Equine Research.
- Wohlfarth, Jenny (July 1996). "Last Rites". Quarter Horse Journal: 14.