Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf
|Grade II race|
|Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf|
|Race type||Thoroughbred - Flat racing|
|Distance||One Mile (8 furlongs)|
The Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf is a one mile turf stakes race for thoroughbred fillies two years old. As its name implies, it is part of the Breeders' Cup World Championships, the de facto year-end championship for North American thoroughbred racing.
Beginning in 2007, the Breeders' Cup developed "The Breeders' Cup Challenge," a series of races in each division that alloted automatic qualifying bids to winners of defined races. Each of the fourteen divisions has between three and six of these, "Win and You're In," qualifiers. In the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf Division there are five automatic births. In 2009, the Win and You're In races are: the Natalma Stakes, a grade three race at Woodbine, the Fillies' Mile, a group one race at Ascot, the Moyglare Stud Stakes, a group one race at Curragh Racecourse, the Miss Grillo Stakes a grade three race at Belmont and the Jessamine Stakes a grade three race at Keeneland.
- No horse has won this race more than once.
Most wins by a jockey:
- No jockey has won this race more than once.
Most wins by a trainer:
- No trainer has won this race more than once.
Most wins by an owner:
- No owner has won this race more than once.
|2009||Tapitsfly||Robby Albarado||Dale L. Romans||Frank L. Jones, Jr.||1:34.25||$1,000,000|
|2008||Maram||Jose Lezcano||Chad C. Brown||Karen N. Woods/Saud bin Khaled||1:35.15||$1,000,000|
- American Thoroughbred Racing top Attended Events
- ↑ Monthly Index to Online Story's | Blood-Horse.com
- ↑ Graded Stakes Committee releases 2008 changes - Thoroughbred Times
- ↑ LaMarra, Tom (2008-12-03). "Arkansas Derby Among Three New Grade I Stakes". BloodHorse.com. http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/54257/arkansas-derby-among-three-new-grade-i-stakes. Retrieved 2009-12-28.