- Foaled: 1983
- Height: 16.1¾ hh
- Color: Chestnut
- Markings: Star, sock LF, half-stocking both hind
- Breed: Hanoverian
- Breeding: by Bolero, out of Glocke by Grande
- Breeder: Dr. Max Schulz-Stellenfleth
Brentano II is by the stallion Bolero, who was a very successful dressage horse and sire, and a foundation sire for the B-line. His dam, Glocke, by Grande and is from a notable mare line from Hanover. The combination of Bolero and Grande is well-known to produce dressage horses.
As a two-year-old, Brentano II was champion at his stallion licensing held at Verden. In 1986, he was second at his stallion performance test, finishing with a score of 129.97. At four, he finished in fourth place at the Federal Championships of the German Riding.
Brentano II was trained to the Grand Prix level of dressage. He was later named Hanoverian Stallion of the Year in 2003.
Results from his stallion performance test
Performance Test: 1986, Adelheidsdorf:
- Overall score 129.97 (2nd of 32)
- Dressage score 141.41 (1st)sex
- Jumping score 105.20 (15th)
- Brentina: Team & Individual Gold at 1999 Pan Am Games, 2001 achieved highest Grand Prix score for an American horse. Part of silver-winning US Dressage Team at the 2002 Olympics.
- Poetin: One of the most expensive dressage prospects to date (sold for over $2,000,000), winner of the World Breeding Championships Dressage of Young Horses and the Federal Championships, before her death. Brentano II was her dam-sire.
- Bone Dea II: Champion mare at the 2000 Ratje-Niebuhr-Show (Hanoverian Broodmare Show)
- Brasseur P
- Bon Jovi
- Barclay: Olympic competitor with rider Swen Rothenberger
- Brentanus (2005) Weltmeyer (Dam-sire) - 2009 Region 2 Training Level AA Champion (76.4 %) at Lamplight Equestrian Center
- Brentano Ultimo : Last Offspring of Brentano II (Sire) and Weltmeyer (Dam-sire) which both retired in 2006. Chestnut Colt born May 2006 (Video Clip and photos available at ).