British Horse Industry Confederation
The British Horse Industry Confederation is a representative umbrella organisation for both professional and amateur involvement in equestrian activities in Great Britain. The organisation is formed of the British Equestrian Federation, the Thoroughbred Breeders Association and the British Horseracing Authority. It also has representation from the British Horse Society and British Equestrian Trade Association (both members of the BEF) and from the British Equine Veterinary Association.
In 2005, the BHIC published the first national strategy for the horse industry in England and Wales, in partnership with the government departments from Defra and the Department for Culture, Media and Sport.
- ↑ "About the BEF". British Equestrian Federation. http://www.bef.co.uk/About_the_BEF.
- ↑ "About Us". British Horse Industry Confederation. http://www.bhic.co.uk/about.php.
- ↑ "Joint research on the Horse Industry in Great Britain". Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs. March 2004. http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=4&ved=0CBQQFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.defra.gov.uk%2Fwildlife-pets%2Fpets%2Fhorses%2Fdocuments%2Fbhic-leaflet.pdf.
- ↑ "Bound Volume Hansard - Debate". UK Parliament. http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm200001/cmhansrd/vo010430/debtext/10430-17.htm.
- ↑ Tyzack, Anna. "New strategy for the equine industry". Horse and Hound. http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/news/397/71735.html.