<tr><th>Grandsire:</th><td>Depth Charge (TB)</td></tr>
|Dam:||La Ree Bar
<tr><th>Maternal grandsire:</th><td>Rocket Bar (TB)</td></tr>
|Owner:||Dr. Edward Allred|
|Horse (Equus ferus caballus)|
Charger Bar was foaled in 1968, a bay filly sired by Tiny Charger and out of a daughter of Rocket Bar (TB) named La Ree Bar.. Her sire was a son of Depth Charge (TB) out of a descendant of Clabber.
Her racing record was forty-three starts in six years. She won twenty-eight of her races, and placed second in three and third in six. She earned a total of $495,437.00 in purse money. Charger Bar beat Kaweah Bar three times in her racing career. She was undefeated in 1971, and was named World Champion Quarter Running Horse. Other honors included being named Champion Quarter Running Mare in 1972, 1973 and 1974. She also earned 144 AQHA racing points, which earned her the title of Superior Race Horse from the AQHA.
She went on to produce fourteen foals. Of those foals, twelve started races, and ten earned Register of Merits and ten won races. Among her foals were Proud Heritage, Go Proudly, and Blushing By. Her offspring earned a total of $626,076.00 on the racetrack. She died November 26, 1997 and her ashes were scattered over the infield at the Los Alamitos racetrack.
|* St. Germans (TB)|
|Depth Charge (TB)|
|Tiny Iny (TB)|
|Tiny Rose (TB)|
|Three Bars (TB)|
|Myrtle Dee (TB)|
|Rocket Bar (TB)|
|Golden Rocket (TB)|
|La Ree Bar|
|Wayward Irving (TB)|
|High Step (TB)|
|Verda Ann (TB)|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Wagoner Quarter Racing Digest p. 199
- ↑ All Breed Pedigree of Charger Bar retrieved on June 30, 2007
- ↑ Nye Great Moments in Quarter Racing History pp. 270–272
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Staff "Forever Famous" Quarter Horse Journal p. 49
- ↑ American Quarter Horse Association "AQHA Hall of Fame"
- ↑ American Quarter Horse Foundation "Charger Bar"
- All Breed Pedigree Database Pedigree of Charger Bar retrieved on June 30, 2007
- American Quarter Horse Foundation. "Charger Bar" (pdf). American Quarter Horse Foundation. http://www.aqha.com/foundation/halloffame/images/Charger%20Bar.pdf. Retrieved February 3, 2008.
- American Quarter Horse Association (AQHA). "AQHA Hall of Fame". American Quarter Horse Association. http://www.aqha.com/foundation/halloffame/halloffamebios.html. Retrieved February 3, 2008.
- Nye, Nelson C. (1983). Great Moments in Quarter Racing History. New York: Arco Publishing. ISBN 0-668-05304-6.
- Staff (March 2001). "Forever Famous". Quarter Horse Journal: 40–49.
- Wagoner, Dan (1976). Quarter Racing Digest: 1940 to 1976. Grapevine, TX: Equine Research.