|Owner||Terry Wallace & Partners|
|Choisir is a thoroughbred racehorse out of Great Selection by Danehill Dancer. This horse in Australian}.|
|Horse (Equus ferus caballus)|
|Last updated on 29 March 2008|
Choisir is an Australian-trained thoroughbred racehorse. Sired by Danehill Dancer to Great Selection, the horse was trained by Paul Perry. In 2002, Choisir placed third in the Caulfield Guineas. The following year, Choisir became the first Australian-trained winner of the Group Two King's Stand Stakes. That same year, Choisir also won first in the Golden Jubilee Stakes and second in the July Cup. When Choisir's career was over, Perry hoped that Fastnet Rock would repeat Choisir's successful English campaign, however Fastnet Rock suffered from travel sickness and was unable to race in the United Kingdom. Choisir sired Starspangledbanner to Gold Anthem.
- 1st - 2003 King's Stand Stakes
- 1st - 2003 Golden Jubilee Stakes
- 2nd - 2003 July Cup
- 3rd - 2002 Caulfield Guineas
- ↑ Michael Lynch (10-11-2009). "Shooting Star". WAtoday.
- ↑ Wray Vamplew; Joyce Kay (2003). Encyclopedia of British Horseracing. Routledge. p. 38. ISBN 071465356X. http://books.google.ca/books?id=QMFDJfYT2UEC&lpg=PP1&pg=PP1#v=onepage&q=&f=false.
- ↑ The Spectator (F.C. Westley): p. 46. 2003. http://books.google.ca/books?id=ArXhAAAAMAAJ&source=gbs_navlinks_s.