|This biography of a living person does not cite any references or sources. Please help by adding reliable sources. Contentious material about living people that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately. (May 2010)|
Christophe Patrice Lemaire is a French-born jockey. He takes his middle name from his father, who made a name for himself in the world of French handicap racing.
In 1999 he obtained the licence required for a French jockey, and began racing. He has steadily built up a good track record, becoming the seventh leading jockey in 2003, and winning the French Group 1 Grand Prix de Paris in the same year.
In 2002 he also began racing in Japanese Central Racing (中央競馬 chūō keiba) races using the short-term licence (短期免許 tanki menkyo) system, taking part mainly at local racecourses such as Chukyo Racecourse (中京競馬場 chūkyō keibajō) and Kokura Racecourse (小倉競馬場 kokura keibajō). He produced impressive results each year. In 2004, as a Grade I jockey, he came second in the Emperor's Cup (天皇賞 Tennōshō) (Autumn) on Dance in the Mood and second in the Japan Cup on Cosmo Bulk, and in the 2005 Daiwa Major he came second in the Mile Championship, but was not fortunate enough to win a Jūshō pattern race (重賞 jūshō) in Central Racing.
However, in 2005, riding Heart's Cry in the Arima Kinen, he led the race, on a horse which until then had always been content to play catch-up, and pulled off the feat of putting the first dent in the record of the year's undefeated triple winner, Deep Impact. This was his first Jūshō pattern race win at Grade I, and at the same time a new record of four consecutive wins of the same race by a foreign jockey, beating the record set by Olivier Peslier.
Flag of France France
- Grand Prix de Saint-Cloud - (1) - Pride (2006)
- Grand Prix de Paris - (1) - Vespone (2003)
- Prix d'Astarté - (1) - Divine Proportions (2005)
- Prix d'Ispahan - (1) - Never on Sunday (2009)
- Prix Jean Prat - (1) - Vespone (2003)
- Prix du Jockey Club - (1) - Le Havre (2009)
- Prix Marcel Boussac - (2) - Denebola (2003), Divine Proportions (2004)
- Prix Morny - (1) - Divine Proportions (2004)
- Prix Saint-Alary - (3) - Coquerelle (2007), Belle et Celebre (2008), Stacelita (2009)
- Prix Vermeille - (1) - Stacelita (2009)
Flag of United Kingdom Great Britain
- 1,000 Guineas - (1) - Natagora (2008)
- 2,000 Guineas - (1) - Makfi (2010)
- Champion Stakes - (2) - Pride (2006), Literato (2007)
- Cheveley Park Stakes - (1) - Natagora (2007)
- King's Stand Stakes - (1) - Chineur (2005)
- Queen Elizabeth II Stakes - (1) - Starcraft (2005)
Flag of Hong Kong Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Cup - (1) - Pride (2006)
Flag of Japan Japan
- Arima Kinen - (1) - Heart's Cry (2005)
- Queen Elizabeth II Commemorative Cup - (1) - Little Amapola (2008)
Flag of United Arab Emirates United Arab Emirates
- Dubai Sheema Classic - (1) - Heart's Cry (2006)
- Much of this article was translated from the , as it was on September 1, 2006.