|Sire:||Mr Diamond Dude
<tr><th>Maternal grandsire:</th><td>Clabber Question</td></tr>
|Breeder:||M. J. Sprouse and Jerald Freeman|
|Horse (Equus ferus caballus)|
Diamonds Sparkle was registered as number 1,004,317 with the American Quarter Horse Association (or AQHA). She was registered as a 1974 palomino mare, bred and owned by M. J. Sprouse and Jerald Freeman of Bixby, Oklahoma. Her sire was a son of Blondy's Dude out of a mare that traced to Wimpy P-1 and Oklahoma Star P-6. Diamonds Sparkle's dam was out of a mare that traced to Three Bars (TB), Bert, and Clabber.
She was the AQHA World Show Superhorse winner in 1979 as well as being the 1979 AQHA World Champion Senior Heading Horse. She earned 23 AQHA Halter Points, 39 AQHA Heeling Points, 22 AQHA Heading Points, 31 AQHA Western Pleasure Points, and 28 AQHA Reining Points. She also earned an AQHA Championship and an AQHA Superior Steer Roping Horse award.
Her offspring include Sparkles Rosezana, winner of the 1985 National Reining Horse Association (or NRHA) Futurity; Zans Diamond Sun, 1987 AQHA World Champion in Junior Reining; Sparkles Suzana, 1989 NRHA Derby Champion; Genuine Redskin, 1990 NRHA Derby Champion; Shining Spark, 1994 NRHA Derby Champion; and Spark O Lena, 1996 AQHA Reserve World Show Superhorse. Her son Shining Spark in 2005 reached the milestone of being the sire of foals that had earned over $2 million in NRHA competition. She died in November 2002.
|Small Town Dude|
|Mr Diamond Dude|
|Brown Betty Dawson|
|Miss Patsy Blake|
|Three Bars (TB)|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Close Legends 4 pp. 56–65
- ↑ American Quarter Horse Association Official Stud Book and Registry Vol. 31 p. 688
- ↑ All Breed Pedigree Pedigree of Diamonds Sparkle retrieved on June 26, 2007
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Mattson The Real American Quarter Horse pp. 96–97
- ↑ National Reining Horse Association"National Reining Horse Association Million Dollar Earners"
- ↑ Staff "Hall of Fame 2007" Quarter Horse Journal p. 53
- ↑ American Quarter Horse Association "AQHA Hall of Fame"
- ↑ National Reining Horse Association"National Reining Horse Association Hall of Fame"
- All Breed Pedigree Database Pedigree of Diamonds Sparkle retrieved on June 26, 2007
- American Quarter Horse Association (AQHA). "AQHA Hall of Fame". American Quarter Horse Association. http://www.aqha.com/foundation/halloffame/halloffamebios.html. Retrieved February 3, 2008.
- American Quarter Horse Association. Official Stud Book and Registry. Volume 31. Amarillo, TX: American Quarter Horse Association.
- Larry Thorton; Holmes, Robert L.; Mike Boardman; Diana Ciarloni; Jim Goodhue; Gold, Alan D.; Sally Harrison; Betsy Lynch; AJ Mangum (editors) (2002). Legends 4: Outstanding Quarter Horse Stallions and Mares. Colorado Springs, CO: Western Horseman. ISBN 0-911647-49-X.
- Mattson, Paul (1991). The Real American Quarter Horse: Versatile Athletes who proved Supreme. Wamego, KS: Premier Publishing. ISBN 1-879984-77-6.
- National Reining Horse Association. "National Reining Horse Association Hall of Fame". National Reining Horse Association. http://www.nrha.com/halloffame.php. Retrieved July 3, 2007.
- National Reining Horse Association. "National Reining Horse Association Million Dollar Earners". National Reining Horse Association. http://www.nrha.com/milliondollar.php. Retrieved July 3, 2007.
- Staff (March 2007). "Hall of Fame 2007". Quarter Horse Journal: 42–55.