The Docado Syndicate is the owner of Go Native, who is trained by Noel Meade. Go Native was purchased by Doyle and Carr three years ago for £25,000 from one of their regular customers, well known horse dealer, Martin Cullinane of Athenry, Ireland.. He is the only horse owned by group.
In reference to Go Native, Carr was quoted as saying: "We had been talking about buying a horse for a year before we approached Martin Cullinane about it. He kept an eye out for a good one for us and, about three years ago, we bought Go Native." Since their purchase, Go Native has won seven races and placed second in three, accumulating £310,254 in winnings. Three of Go Native's seven wins have come in Grade 1 National Hunt races.
After winning the Fighting Fifth Hurdle and Christmas Hurdle, Docado’s Go Native became the only horse to win the first two legs of the Triple Crown of Hurdling since it was established in 2006. Needing only the Champion Hurdle to complete the treble and collect the £1m bonus put up by WBX, Go Native went on to finish a disappointing 10th out of 12 entries.
The group considers their purchase and racing of horses as a hobby.
Major Race Wins
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Syndicate on target for £1m win, galwaynews.ie, 30 December 2009, accessed 19 January 2010.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Galway syndicate eye £1m bonus, galwaynews.ie, 3 December 2009, accessed 19 January 2010.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Winner Alright!, galwayindependent.com, 9 December 2009, accessed 19 January 2010.
- ↑ Galway Restaurants, parkhousehotel.ie, accessed 19 January 2010.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Go Native seeks luck of Irish and £1m bonus, timesonline.co.uk, 16 March 2010, accessed 19 March 2010.
- ↑ Go Native Racing Profile, racingpost.com, accessed 19 January 2010.
- ↑ Native to prove one in a million, mirror.co.uk, 16 March 2010, accessed 19 March 2010.
- ↑ Binocular avenges 2009 defeat to land shock Champion Hurdle win, mirror.co.uk, 17 March 2010, accessed 17 March 2010.