Eclipse Special Award
The Eclipse Special Award is part of the Eclipse Award program in United States Thoroughbred horse racing. The Special Award's purpose is to honor outstanding individual achievements in, or contributions to, the sport.
- 1971 : Robert J. Kleberg
- 1974 : Charles Hatton
- 1976 : Bill Shoemaker
- 1980 : John T. Landry/Pierre Bellocq
- 1984 : C.V. Whitney
- 1985 : Arlington Park
- 1987 : Anheuser-Busch
- 1988 : Edward J. DeBartolo Sr.
- 1989 : Richard L. Duchossois
- 1995 : Russell Baze
- 1998 : Oak Tree Racing Association
- 1999 : Laffit Pincay, Jr.
- 2000 : John Hettinger
- 2001 : Sheikh Mohammed Al Maktoum
- 2002 : Keeneland Library
- 2004 : Dale Baird
- 2005 : Cash Is King Racing Stable
- 2006 : Roy and Gretchen Jackson and the University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine's George D. Widener Hospital for Large Animals at New Bolton Center
- 2007 : Kentucky Horse Park