| Olympic medal record
|Bronze||1936 Berlin||Team eventing|
Lieutenant General Sir Edward Dacre Howard-Vyse KBE CB MC (27 November 1905 – 26 December 1992) was a British Army General as well as a British horse rider who competed in the 1936 Summer Olympics.
Edward Howard-Vyse was commissioned into the Royal Artillery in 1927.
He served in World War II and was promoted to Major in 1942.
In 1940 he married Mary Bridget Willoughby and together they went on to have two sons and a daughter.
He died in Ryedale in 1992.
- ↑ London Gazette: , 1 November 1927. Retrieved on 2009-10-25.
- ↑ Olympic Sports: profile
- ↑ London Gazette: , 1 September 1942. Retrieved on 2009-10-25.
- ↑ Papers of General Allenbrooke
- ↑ London Gazette: , 10 July 1964. Retrieved on 2009-10-25.
- ↑ London Gazette: , 7 August 1964. Retrieved on 2009-10-25.
- ↑ London Gazette: , 13 July 1962. Retrieved on 2009-10-25.
- ↑ London Gazette: , 1 December 1970. Retrieved on 2009-10-25.
- ↑ The Peerage.com