|Owner||Mel Hatley & Albert Yank|
John W. Russell|
D. Wayne Lukas (age 5)
|Effervescing is a thoroughbred racehorse out of Sparkling by Le Fabuleux. He was born around 1973 in the United States, and was bred by Ogden Phipps.|
Man o' War Stakes (1976)|
Round Table Handicap (1976)
Sword Dancer Handicap (1977)
American Handicap (1978)
Citation Handicap (1978)
Eddie Read Handicap (1978)
|Horse (Equus ferus caballus)|
|Last updated on January 27, 2008|
Effervescing (foaled 1973 in Kentucky) is an American thoroughbred stallion racehorse. Bred by Ogden Phipps, he was a son of the French sire Le Fabuleux whose other significant progeny included American multiple Grade I winner, The Bart and Dauphin Fabuleux, the 1984 Canadian Horse of the Year. He was out of the American mare, Sparkling whose U.S. Racing Hall of Fame sire Bold Ruler was an inductee and the Leading sire in North America eight times.
At the age of three and going off at long shot odds of 24-1 he won the $112,500 Man O' War Stakes on Belmont Park's turf course October 11, 1976 
Two Stakes Wins, Five Days Apart
At the age of five Effervescing set a record – much to the dismay naysayers - when he won two $100,000+ purse stakes races within one week. He was victorious in both the $110,500 American Handicap on turf by 3-lengths  and then the Citation Handicap on dirt, both at Hollywood Park in 1978 on July 4 and July 10 respectively. Laffit Pincay, Jr. was the jockey for both efforts.
At the time the American Handicap was a Grade 2 race and the Citation, having its first running just the year before, was upgraded.
According to Lukas' autobiography "D. Wayne", Albert Yank, one of the owners, after the American Handicap victory wanted to run the horse in a stakes race in Chicago later in the fall. When Lukas said he wanted to run the horse back again in five days the reply was Are you drinking your own bathwater?. Albert Yank gave in after Lukas held his ground.
- DeVito, Carlo. D. Wayne : The High-Rolling and Fast Times of America's Premier Horse Trainer (2002) McGraw-Hill ISBN 0-07-138737-4
- ↑ A 24-1 Shot Captures Man o' War; A 24-1 Shot Captures Man o' War - Free Preview - The New York Times
- ↑ $110,500 Coast Handicap Is Won by Effervescing - Free Preview - The New York Times
- ↑ http://books.google.com/books?hl=en&id=9OQg3Sm6BAYC&dq=effervescing+d+wayne&printsec=frontcover&source=web&ots=4ydFK_pZ0N&sig=yTTpKDRKGkqMOMnCch0ZoBvp9NA#PPA75,M1
- ↑ Walkin Y Ranch, A Part of My Heritage
- ↑ Effervescing Horse Pedigree