François Doumen (born June 11, 1940) is a French racehorse trainer currently based at Boucé, Orne. From 1956 to 1970 he was an amateur jockey, and he then worked as an assistant trainer to his father Jean. He obtained his own training licence in 1977.
Doumen was initially based at Maisons-Laffitte, and he subsequently moved to Lamorlaye and later Chantilly. Doumen has been successful in both flat and jump racing, and his most notable horses have included The Fellow, Jim and Tonic and Baracouda. His son, Thierry, is also a trainer and a former jockey.
Flag of France France
- Grand Steeple-Chase de Paris - (5) - The Fellow (1991), Ucello II (1993, 1994), Ubu III (1995), First Gold (1998)
- Grande Course de Haies d'Auteuil - (3) - Ubu III (1992, 1993), Laveron (2002)
- Prix Ferdinand Dufaure - (1) - Ucello II (1990)
- Prix La Haye Jousselin - (3) - The Fellow (1990), Ucello II (1992), First Gold (2000)
Flag of United Kingdom Great Britain
- Cheltenham Gold Cup - (1) - The Fellow (1994)
- Feltham Novices' Chase - (1) - Djeddah (1996)
- King George VI Chase - (5) - Nupsala (1987), The Fellow (1991, 1992), Algan (1994), First Gold (2000)
- Triumph Hurdle - (1) - Snow Drop (2000)
- World Hurdle - (2) - Baracouda (2002, 2003)
Flag of Hong Kong Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Cup - (1) - Jim and Tonic (1999)
- Queen Elizabeth II Cup - (1) - Jim and Tonic (1999)
Flag of Republic of Ireland Ireland
- Punchestown Gold Cup - (1) - First Gold (2003)
Flag of United Arab Emirates United Arab Emirates
- Dubai Duty Free - (1) - Jim and Tonic (2001)
- bbc.co.uk – François Doumen profile.
- guardian.co.uk – "Bliss makes the Doumen gloom vanish".
- independent.co.uk – "Deep in a French forest Doumen's giants stir".
- ntra.com – François Doumen profile.
- telegraph.co.uk – "Doumens at the double".