|Group III race|
|Race type||Thoroughbred - Flat racing|
|Distance||2200 metres (1.367 miles)|
|Qualification||Two-year-olds and up|
The AAMI Hobart Cup is Tasmania's premier Thoroughbred horse race. It is part of the Tasmanian Summer Racing Carnival, and is also one of Tasmania's main annual social events. The Cup is usually held on the first or second Monday in February.
The racing industry in Tasmania is currently being restructured and will eventually be jointly managed by the new Racing Services Tasmania and TOTE Tasmania.
- 1875 – 1877 the race distance was 2 miles
- 1878 - 1885 the race distance was 13 furlongs
- 1886 – 1972 the race distance was 12 furlongs
- 1973 – 1989 the race distance was 2380 metres
- 1990 – 2004 the race distance was 2400 metres
- 2005 the race distance was 2100 metres
- 2006 onwards the race distance was 2200 metres
- 1875 – 1979 was a Principal race
- 1980 – 2003 was a Group 3 race
- 2004 – 2006 was a Group 2 race
- 2007 onwards was a Group 3 race
- Australian Studbook - TRC Hobart Cup Race Winners
- Huxley, Dennis (2007). Miller's Guide 007/08. Millers's Guide PL. http://www.millersguide.com.au/index.asp.