|Competitor for 22x20px Austria|
|Silver||Barcelona 1992||Team jumping|
Hugo Simon, born 3 August 1942 in Křivá Voda near Šumperk, present-day Czech Republic, is an Olympic medal-winning Austrian show jumper who competed at six Olympics between 1972 and 1996 (1980 excepted).
Before his first Olympic appearance, he competed for West Germany.
He won a silver medal at age 49 at the team event at the 1992 Olympics on the horse Apricot D.
He was the first person to win three career World Cup titles, at the inaugural 1979 contest(on the horse Gladstone) and also in 1997 and 1998 (both on E.T.). This feat was later matched by Rodrigo Pessoa in 2000 and Meredith Michaels-Beerbaum in 2009.
He is a businessman who has always maintained that show jumping is a hobby he loves. He is still competing at age 67 (in 2010) He is regarded as the oldest winner of show jumping Grand Prixs, at last he won with Ukinda the Grand Prix of Offenburg (CSI 2*) in February 2010.
- List of athletes with the most appearances at Olympic Games
- ↑ http://www.sports-reference.com/olympics/summer/1996/EQU/mixed-jumping-individual.html
- ↑ http://www.equestrianjumpingcanada.com/showjumpingworldcup19962009.cfm
- ↑ http://www.equestrian.co.uk/ShowJumping/ViennaandSalzburg.asp
- ↑ http://www.showjumpingnews.com/sjnfeed.php?news=20080120C
- ↑ Hugo Simon siegt zum Auftakt in München, www.equi-news.de (english / german)
- ↑ Hugo Simon startet seit über 40 Jahren in Dortmund (Hugo Simon starts for over 40 years in Dortmund), www.ruhrnachrichten.de (german)