|Group 3 race|
|Race type||Flat / Thoroughbred|
|Distance||1m 2f 75y (2,080 m)|
|Qualification||Four-years-old and up|
|Weight||9 st 0 lb|
3 lb for fillies and mares
7 lb for Group 1 winners *
5 lb for Group 2 winners *
3 lb for Group 3 winners *
* since August 31 last year
The Huxley Stakes is a Group 3 flat horse race in Great Britain which is open to thoroughbreds aged four years or older. It is run at Chester over a distance of 1 mile, 2 furlongs and 75 yards (2,080 metres), and it is scheduled to take place each year in May.
The event was introduced in 1999, and it was initially classed at Listed level. It was promoted to its current status, Group 3, in 2005. The trophy presented to the winning owners is known as the Tradesman's Cup.
Most successful horse (3 wins):
- Maraahel – 2005, 2006, 2007
Leading jockey (4 wins):
- Richard Hills – Bandari (2004), Maraahel (2005, 2006, 2007)
Leading trainer (5 wins):
- Sir Michael Stoute – Adilabad (2001), Maraahel (2005, 2006, 2007), Doctor Fremantle (2009)
|1999||Chester House||4||Kieren Fallon||Henry Cecil||2:11.79|
|2000||Sossus Vlei||4||Michael Roberts||Geoff Wragg||2:11.95|
|2001||Adilabad||4||Kieren Fallon||Sir Michael Stoute||2:10.32|
|2002||Freefourinternet||4||Pat Eddery||Brian Meehan||2:09.69|
|2003||Parasol||4||Frankie Dettori||David Loder||2:10.66|
|2004||Bandari||5||Richard Hills||Mark Johnston||2:14.40|
|2005||Maraahel||4||Richard Hills||Sir Michael Stoute||2:13.29|
|2006||Maraahel||5||Richard Hills||Sir Michael Stoute||2:07.92|
|2007||Maraahel||6||Richard Hills||Sir Michael Stoute||2:08.88|
|2008||Championship Point||5||Darryll Holland||Mick Channon||2:11.21|
|2009||Doctor Fremantle||4||Ryan Moore||Sir Michael Stoute||2:10.04|
|2010||Debussy||4||William Buick||John Gosden||2:12.38|
- galopp-sieger.de – Huxley Stakes.
- horseracingintfed.com – International Federation of Horseracing Authorities – Huxley Stakes (2009).
- pedigreequery.com – Huxley Stakes – Chester.