Sir John Jacob "Jakie" Astor MBE (29 August 1918 – 10 September 2000) was a British politician and sportsman and a member of the prominent Astor family.
Sir Jakie was the youngest child of the 2nd Viscount Astor and his wife, Lady Astor. He was educated at Eton and New College, Oxford and served in the Special Air Service and the Life Guards during World War II. He was named after his relative John Jacob Astor IV, who perished on the Titanic in 1912.
He was married three times:
- 1) Ana Inez Carcano 1944-1992 The couple had three children:
- Michael Ramon Langhorne Astor (born 1946)
- Stella Astor (born 1949)
- John William Astor 1962-1963
- 2) Susan Eveleigh 1976-1985
- 3) Marcia de Savary 1988-2000
In 1945, he tried to win the Plymouth Sutton seat in the British House of Commons that had been held by both his parents. Unsuccessful at first, he won the seat in 1951 as a member of the Conservative Party.
| Parliament of the United Kingdom