After six years working for John Dunlop, and five years as assistant to John Gosden, he joined Sheikh Mohammed's Godolphin operation in late 1993, and played a significant role in training such horses as Lammtarra, Halling and Balanchine.
He started training under his own name in January 1996, initially in California, then returning to Britain in late 1997. He is based at the Shalfleet stables in Newmarket formerly occupied by Paul Kelleway.
He enjoyed his first Classic victory when Araafa won the Irish 2,000 Guineas in 2006. His first triumph in an English Classic came the same year with Sixties Icon winning the St Leger at York.
Jeremy was educated at Jesuit-run Catholic school, Stonyhurst College.
He got his big break in 2004 when he won the Breeders' Cup on Wilko.
Flag of United Kingdom Great Britain
- Cheveley Park Stakes - (2) - Wannabe Grand (1998), Carry on Katie (2003)
- Falmouth Stakes - (1) - Simply Perfect (2007)
- Fillies' Mile - (1) - Simply Perfect (2006)
- Golden Jubilee Stakes - (1) - Soldier's Tale (2007)
- July Cup - (1) - Fleeting Spirit (2009)
- Middle Park Stakes - (1) - Balmont (2003)
- St. James's Palace Stakes - (1) - Araafa (2006)
- St. Leger - (1) - Sixties Icon (2006)
- Sussex Stakes - (1) - Proclamation (2005)
Flag of Republic of Ireland Ireland
- Irish 2,000 Guineas - (1) - Araafa (2006)
Flag of the United States United States