|Sire||Try My Best|
|Breeder||Kilfrush Stud Ltd.|
|Owner||Richard C. Strauss|
|Last Tycoon is a thoroughbred racehorse out of Mill Princess by Try My Best. He was born around 1983 in Ireland, and was bred by Kilfrush Stud Ltd..|
Breeders' Cup wins:|
Breeders' Cup Mile (1986)
|Leading sire in Australia (1994)|
|Horse (Equus ferus caballus)|
|Last updated on May 14, 2010|
Last Tycoon (May 9, 1983 - May 27, 2006) was a French Thoroughbred racehorse best known for winning the Breeders' Cup Mile and as a leading sire in Australia. Bred in Ireland by Kilfrush Stud Ltd., he was purchased by Richard C. Strauss who raced him in France, England, and the United States.
Trained by Robert Collet from his base at Chantilly Racecourse, at age two Last Tycoon won three of his six starts including the Prix d'Arenberg at Chantilly. At age three the colt won two conditions races in England and two in France before being sent to Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, California for the Breeders' Cup Mile.  Lightly regarded by bettors who sent him off at 36:1 odds, under regular jockey, Yves Saint-Martin, Last Tycoon defeated thirteen runners to win the US$1 million event. 
Retired to stud duty, Last Tycoon met with considerable success. He first stood in Ireland where he was third on the annual sires list in 1992 before being sent to Australia where he was the Leading sire in 1994. Overall, he sired 756 winners, including 48 stake/group winners, and nine champions.  Last Tycoon's notable progeny includes:
- Marju (b. 1988) - winner of England's Craven Stakes and the Group One St. James's Palace Stakes. Sire of Soviet Song, Viva Pataca, Indigenous;
- Ezzoud (b. 1989) - twice won the G1 Eclipse Stakes (1994) and twice the G1 International Stakes in 1993 and 1994;
- Taipan (b. 1992) - Italian Champion Older Horse (1997, 1998), German Champion Older Horse (1998);
- Knowledge (b. 1994) - won Australia's G1 Blue Diamond Stakes;
- Mahogany - 1994 Australian Champion Racehorse of the Year, won the Australian Derby and Victoria Derby;
- Le Zagaletta (b. 1995 ) - multiple stakes winner, Millionaire racehorse in Australia.
Last Tycoon died in 2006 at Arrow Stud in Japan.