|Lena's Bar is a thoroughbred racehorse out of Lena Valenti by Three Bars. She was born around 1954 in the United States, and was bred by Walter Merrick.|
|Bright Eyes Stakes, Buttons and Bows Handicap, Bright Eyes Handicap|
|AQHA Racing Register of Merit|
|American Quarter Horse Hall of Fame|
|Horse (Equus ferus caballus)|
|Last updated on June 27, 2007|
A Thoroughbred daughter of the stallion Three Bars, Lena's Bar was out of Lena Valenti, a granddaughter of Percentage. Thus, Lena's Bar had Percentage, Three Bar's sire, on both sides of her pedigree. Lena Valenti raced on the Quarter tracks, ending with a record of two starts, one win, one third with an AA speed rating.
Lena's Bar raced mainly in Quarter horse races. She started seventy-six times, winning twenty-four races. She placed second eighteen times and was third ten times. Her total earnings were $28,308.00 with 67 racing points with the American Quarter Horse Association (or AQHA). She rated an AAA speed rating in those races, and was a stakes race winner. She once outran Go Man Go, Double Bid, Tidy Too, Miss Louton, Vandy's Flash and Vanetta Dee in one race. Her sister Little Lena's Bar set four world records at four different distances.
After she retired from racing, she produced the Quarter horse stallions Double Dancer, Jet Smooth, and Easy Jet, along with two Quarter horse mares - Delta Ann and Mayflower Ann. Her offspring earned $557,199.00 on the track, with all five being winners and Register of Merit earners.
- ↑ Lena's Bar Pedigree at All Breed Pedigree retrieved on June 26, 2007
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Wagoner Quarter Racing Digest p. 631
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Close Legends 2 p. 170-177
- ↑ Wiggins Great American Speedhorse p. 93
- ↑ "MMIII Hall of Fame" Quarter Horse Journal March 2001 p. 48
- ↑ AQHA Hall of Fame accessed on February 3, 2008
- All Breed Pedigree Database Pedigree of Lena's Bar retrieved on June 26, 2007
- AQHA Hall of Fame accessed on February 3, 2008
- Close, Pat ed. Legends 2: Outstanding Quarter Horse Stallions and Mares Colorado Springs: Western Horseman 1994 ISBN 0-911647-30-9
- "MMIII Hall of Fame" Quarter Horse Journal March 2003 p. 41-51
- Wagoner, Dan Quarter Racing Digest: 1940 to 1976 Grapevine, Texas:Equine Research 1976
- Wiggins, Walt The Great American Speedhorse: A Guide to Quarter Racing New York: Sovereign Books 1978 ISBN 0-671-18340-0