Lord usually competed in weight for age contests and all but one of his 28 successes were in Melbourne, 21 of them at his home track of Caulfield which earned him the nickname "King of Caulfield". Among his major wins were the VATC Caulfield Stakes (three times), VATC Memsie Stakes (four times) and the AJC All Aged Stakes.
Lord raced until he was a nine-year old and often competed against quality opposition such as Tulloch, Todman, Sky High and Aquanita. He was ridden in many of his wins by top apprentice, then leading jockey, Geoff Lane, who knew the big gelding's habits and ability.
Lord never ran in a Cox Plate, which may seem strange, but he was unable to handle the smaller Moonee Valley track, owing to his long striding action.
Lord died in 1986 at the age of 32.
80 starts - 28 wins, 13 seconds, 11 thirds
- 1957 VATC Trenton Stakes – (6f)
- 1958 VATC J J Liston Stakes – (7f)
- 1958 VATC Memsie Stakes – (9f)
- 1958 MRC Underwood Stakes – (10f)
- 1958 VATC Caulfield Stakes – (9f)
- 1959 MRC C F Orr Stakes – (7f)
- 1959 VATC St George Stakes – (9f)
- 1959 VATC Futurity Stakes – (7f)
- 1959 AJC All Aged Stakes – (1m)
- 1959 VATC Memsie Stakes – (9f)
- 1959 VATC Caulfield Stakes – (9f)
- 1960 MRC C F Orr Stakes – (7f)
- 1960 VATC St George Stakes – (9f)
- 1960 VATC Memsie Stakes – (9f)
- 1960 MRC Underwood Stakes – (10f)
- 1960 VATC Caulfield Stakes – (9f)
- 1961 VRC Queens Plate – (10f)
- 1961 VATC Memsie Stakes – (9f)
- 1961 VRC Craiglee Stakes – (10f)
- 1962 VRC Queens Plate – (10f)
- 1962 VRC Queen Elizabeth Stakes – (12f)
- 1963 VRC Queen Elizabeth Stakes – (12f)