On 1 September 2009 Prescott and Television cook Clarissa Dickson-Wright received an absolute discharge from Scarborough Magistrates Court after pleading guilty to hare coursing whilst attending an event organized by Yorkshire Greyhound Field Trialling Club in March 2007.
Basing his horses in his Newmarket yard, Heath House (which traces back to Tregonwell Frampton, England's first professional race horse trainer), Sir Mark's personal interests include coursing, cock fighting and bull fighting.
- ↑ "Sir Mark Prescott". newmarket race horse trainers. http://www.newmarketracehorsetrainers.co.uk/mark_prescott.cfm. Retrieved 2010-06-02.
- ↑ "Sir Mark Prescott: The legendary trainer's record scrutinised". betfair. January 2008. http://betting.betfair.com/horse-racing/jockeys/sir-mark-prescott-the-legendary-trainers-record-scrutin-100108.html. Retrieved 2010-06-02.
- ↑ Frances Karon (May 2008). "Sir Mark Prescott: A life less ordinary". European Trainer. http://www.trainermagazine.com/europe/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=14&cntnt01origid=27&cntnt01returnid=27. Retrieved 2010-06-02.
- ↑ Simon Milham (January 2007). "Sir Mark Prescott: A life less ordinary". Associated Newspapers Ltd. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/racing/article-426684/Sir-Mark-Prescott-A-life-ordinary.html. Retrieved 2010-06-02.
- ↑ Nick West (September 2009). "Clarissa Dickson-Wright and Sir Mark Prescott plead guilty to hare coursing". Horse & Hound. http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/news/397/288708.html. Retrieved 2010-06-02.
- ↑ Charlie Brooks (September 2004). "Clarissa Dickson-Wright and Sir Mark Prescott plead guilty to hare coursing". Telegraph Media Group Limited. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/2387554/Prescotts-tale-a-cock-and-bull-story.html. Retrieved 2010-06-02.