|Silver||1990 Stockholm||Individual eventing|
|Silver||1990 Stockholm||Team eventing|
- Color: Gray
- Sex: Gelding
- Height: 16.1 hh
- Breed: Irish-bred Thoroughbred
- Breeding: by Royal Renown
- Owners: The Edinburgh Woollen Mill
Born in 1978, Murphy Himself was first ridden by Ginny Leng. She bought him in Ireland as a four-year-old (although he later turned out to be three), and began eventing him. Under Ginny, Murphy won both Le Touquet and Burghley. However, being lightweight and small, she had a hard time controlling the gelding, who was an incredible puller on cross-country. She had a few bad falls while competing, and her mother and trainer began to worry that she would be seriously hurt.
Ian Stark tried Murphy out in 1988, and he agreed to exchange horses with Leng, Murphy for his horse Griffin. The duo had a terrific success together, completing Badminton several times, receiving the silver medal at the 1990 FEI World Equestrian Games in Stockholm representing the British Team, and competing in the Barcelona Olympics. Murphy was an amazing athlete, possessing speed, stamina, and a fantastic jumping ability.
After a disappointing run at Barcelona, where the ground jury did not pass Murphy in the final horse inspection, the gelding was retired. He was fox hunted a few times, before he had to be put down due to a shattered hock he injured in the pasture.
- 1st at Avenches (1984) with Ginny Leng
- 1st at 1986 Le Touquet CCI with Ginny Leng
- 1st at 1986 Burghley with Ginny Leng
- 1st at the 1988 Boekelo event
- Individual and Team silver at the Stockholm World Equestrian Games in 1990
- 2nd place at the Badminton Horse Trials in 1991
- Member of the British Eventing Team at the 1992 Barcelona Olympics