|Ignacio "Nacho" Figueras|
25 de Mayo, Buenos Aires Province
|Children||Hilario, Aurora, Artemio|
|Parents||Horacio & Mercedes Bermejo|
Ignacio "Nacho" Figueras, born March 4, 1977 in 25 de Mayo, Buenos Aires Province, is an Argentine polo player with a handicap of six. As of September 2009, he is ranked as one of the top 100 polo players in the world. Sometimes called the "David Beckham of polo", he usually plays in Argentina and in the U.S. as part of the Black Watch Polo Team. He has also been the face of Ralph Lauren's Black Label line since 2005, and was recently chosen to represent the entire line of Polo fragrances.
In models.com he is ranked No. 4 on Top Icons Men 
Figueras began playing polo at the age of 8. He turned pro at 17, playing at various locations in Europe before arriving in Bridgehampton, New York in 1999. There, he joined White Birch, a team shared at the time by Peter Brant and Neil Hirsch. He currently plays for and is captain of BlackWatch, a team he co-owns with Hirsch.
Figueras' modelling career began in 2000 for Ralph Lauren, all thanks to an introduction by photographer Bruce Weber, and he eventually become the face of Ralph Lauren Black Label in 2005. In May 2009, he was made the face of the World of Polo fragrances, including Polo Black, Polo Blue and Polo Modern Reserve. In June 2009, he was voted the second most handsome man in the world by the readers of Vanity Fair, just behind Robert Pattinson and just ahead of Brad Pitt.
Despite his success in the modeling arena, polo continues to be his passion. He says his mission in life "is to bring polo to the world a little more,"  doing his best to raise the profile to the sport of polo however he can. To that end, he has helped organize matches such as the Veuve Clicquot Manhattan Polo Classic exhibition in Governor's Island, New York; the most recent edition on May 30, 2009 also featured England's Prince Harry.
On September 28, 2009, Figueras was a guest on The Oprah Winfrey Show in Chicago. The show was titled "Meet the Most Famous People in the World", and also featured the "Oprah of China" Chen Luyu, and the most famous couple in the world, Aishwarya Rai and Abhishek Bachchan. In one of the segments on the show, Nacho gave Oprah's reporter Ali Wentworth a private polo lesson.
Nacho has been married to Delfina Blaquier, a photographer and former model, since 2004. The couple currently has 3 children, Hilario, Aurora and Artemio.
- ↑ "Ranking". worldpolotour.com. http://www.worldpolotour.com/ranking.php. Retrieved 2009-09-29.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Williams, Alex (2009-08-02). ""Putting Glamour on Horseback"". The New York Times. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/02/fashion/02nacho.html. Retrieved 2009-09-29.
- ↑ Biting into the polo mint
- ↑ Peak Performance
- ↑ MODELS.com Icons Men 5-1
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 ""Stud on a Steed: Nacho Figueras"". New York Post. http://www.nypost.com/pagesixmag/issues/20080914/Stud+Steed+Nacho+Figueras. Retrieved 2009-09-29.
- ↑ ""Well Bred"". Hamptons Magazine. http://www.hamptons-magazine.com/HAM_v31I9_082_COVERSTAR.html. Retrieved 2009-09-29.
- ↑ ""The Sport of Kings Returns To Bridgehampton Polo Field"". Hamptons Magazine. http://www.hamptons.com/Out-And-About/Within-The-Hedges/8317/The-Sport-of-Kings-Returns-To-Bridgehampton-Polo.html. Retrieved 2009-09-29.
- ↑ ""Polo's 10 Hottest Horsemen"". Vanity Fair. http://www.vanityfair.com/online/style/2009/05/polos-10-hottest-horsemen.html. Retrieved 2009-09-29.
- ↑ ""Nacho Figueras: The Face of Two Polos"". blackbookmag.com. http://www.blackbookmag.com/article/nachos-figueras-the-face-of-two-polos/7835. Retrieved 2009-09-29.
- ↑ ""Nacho Figueras, Biography"". models.com. http://models.com/people/Nacho-Figueras. Retrieved 2009-09-29.
- ↑ "Official World of Polo Fragrances page on Facebook". http://www.facebook.com/notes.php?id=177335520060. Retrieved 2009-09-29.
- ↑ ""Nacho Figueras' Love of the Game"". oprah.com. http://www.oprah.com/article/oprahshow/20090826-tows-nacho-figueras-polo. Retrieved 2009-09-29.
- ↑ ""Robert Pattinson Is the Most Handsome Man in the World"". Vanity Fair. http://www.vanityfair.com/online/style/2009/06/robert-pattinson-is-the-most-handsome-man-in-the-world.html. Retrieved 2009-09-29.
- ↑ ""Nacho Figueras's Guide to Polo"". Vanity Fair. http://www.vanityfair.com/online/style/2009/05/polo-according-to-nacho-figueras.html. Retrieved 2009-09-29.
- ↑ ""VEUVE CLICQUOT Manhattan Polo Classic Returns to Governors Island for the Second Consecutive Year"". reuters.com. http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS126416+13-Apr-2009+BW20090413. Retrieved 2009-09-29.