Norman Robinson Stakes
The Norman Robinson Stakes is a Melbourne Racing Club Group 3 Australian Thoroughbred horse race held under open handicap conditions, for horses aged 3 years old, over a distance of 2000 metres. It is held at Caulfield Racecourse in Melbourne.
- 1978 onwards held over 2000m
- 1978 was a Listed Race
- 1979 was a Special Race
- 1980 – 1997 was a Listed Race
- 1998 – 1999 was a Group 3
- 2000 – 2004 was a Group 2
- 2005 onwards Group 3
- 1978 the race was known as the ‘Wallace Stakes’
- 1979 - 1988 the race was known as the ‘Norman Robinson Stakes’
- 1989 the race was known as the ‘Steeves Lumley Stakes’
- 1990 onwards the race has been called the ‘Norman Robinson Stakes’.