|Classification and external resources|
Osteitis is a general term for inflammation of bone. More specifically, it can refer to one of the following conditions:
- Alveolar osteitis or "dry socket"
- Condensing osteitis (or Osteitis condensans)
- Osteitis deformans (or Paget's disease of bone)
- Osteitis fibrosa cystica (or Osteitis fibrosa, or Von Recklinghausen's disease of bone)
- Osteitis pubis
- Radiation osteitis
- Osteitis condensans ilii
- In horses, pedal osteitis is frequently confused with laminitis.