Ready to Run
|Ready to Run|
|Approx. run time||96 minutes|
|Written by||John Wierick|
|Directed by||Duwayne Dunham|
|Produced by||Margaret Hilliard|
|Music by||Phil Marshall|
|Original channel||Disney Channel|
|Release date||14, 2000|
Ready to Run is a 2000 Disney Channel Original Movie.
Ready to Run is the story of 14-year-old Corrie Ortiz, an energetic girl who dreams of becoming a jockey in the predominantly male sport of Thoroughbred horse racing. Although her father died in a racing-related accident, it's her spirited memory that drives her to try to achieve her goal, even though her mother is against it. She also has the gift her grandmother calls the "confidence of horses". It allows Corrie to communicate with her horse, Thunder Jam (TJ), who lives dispiritedly in his sire's shadow. Though TJ is an excellent runner, he has an immense fear of the starting gates. To conquer this fear, the team employs the strange tactic of placing headphones over TJ's ears. Surprisingly, the music works. TJ can now get through the gate with confidence. The headphones later become a trademark of Thunder Jam as he wins more and more races.
At the final race of the season their toughest opponent is doing everything he can to see that he wins. He takes it up with the judges that the headphones on TJ's ears are stimulating the horse in some rule breaking manner and should be disallowed. Dismayed, Corrie and TJ have to run the race without their signature item. It's a rough start, but Corrie and TJ's special relationship allows them to conquer their fears and win the fictional Gold Rush Derby.
- Krissy Perez - Corrie Ortiz
- Jason Dohring - B. Moody
- Lillian Hurst - Lourdes Ortiz
- Jon Brazier - Max Garris
- Nestor Serrano - Hector Machado
- Theresa Saldana - Sonja Ortiz
- Sinbad - Voice of "Hollywood Shuffle"
- Paul Rodriguez - Voice of "T.J."
- Rick Ducommun - Voice of "Cyclone"
- Cristian Guerrero - Gabby Ortiz
- Mark Clare - James McCaffery
- Stephen Tozer - Bob Bethell
- Maggie Harper - Dr. Lucy Huckaby
- Michael Saccente - Homer Flannigan
- John Sumner - Supervisor Pete