Richard Quinn (jockey)
Thomas Richard Quinn, better known as Richard Quinn (born December 2, 1961) is a Scottish jockey.
Life and career
After leaving Bannockburn Secondary School in 1977, aged 15, he moved to York to work as a stable lad. This career led to Quinn moving to work for Paul Cole in Lambourn for 17 years (1981-1998). After some years as a freelance jockey, he joined Henry Cecil in Newmarket (2000-2004). Quinn has raced with owners Prince Fahd bin Salman (1990-1991) and John L. Dunlop. Among other victories, Quinn has achieved 26 victories at Goodwood Racecourse. He briefly retired in 2006, only to return to racing early the next year.
Quinn now lives in Great Shefford.
- 1990 - Irish St. Leger (riding Ibn Bey)
- 1990 - Irish Oaks (riding Knight's Baroness)
- 1990 - St. Leger Stakes (riding Snurge)
- 2000 - Epsom Oaks (riding Love Divine)
- 2001 - St. Leger Stakes (riding Millenary)