Sam Houston Race Park
Sam Houston Race Park is a horse racing track located in unincorporated northwest Harris County, Texas, United States. Built at a cost of approximately $90 million U.S. dollars and opened on April 24, 1994, the facility is the first Class 1 horse racing venue constructed in Texas.
Sam Houston Race Park's largest attendance was recorded on July 4, 1999 when 23,324 people visited. The race park is considered fastest growing race track in America based on attendance over the past year.
Races at Sam Houston
- The Grade III $200,000 Connally Breeders’ Cup Turf
- The $100,000 MAXXAM Gold Cup
- The $75,000 Martanza Stakes
- The $50,000 Jersey Lilly Stakes
- The $50,000 Sam Houston Turf Sprint Cup
- The $45,000 Mission Stakes
- The $45,000 Fort Bend Country Stakes
- The $45,000 Spring Stakes
- The $45,000 Sam Houston Oaks
- The $45,000 Texas Heritage Stakes
- The $45,000 Tomball Stakes
- The $45,000 Jersey Village Stakes
- The $29,250 Allen's Landing Stakes
- The $25,000 Space City Stakes
- The $25,000 Buffalo Bayou Stakes
- The $25,000 Black Gold Stakes
- The $25,000 Texans Stakes
Recently it has been cleared to host concert events during the summer.
|30px||This Houston-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|