Sarena Special retired
|Grandsire||Be My Guest|
|Damsire||Pas De Seul|
|Breeder||Bealy Court Stud|
|Owner||Sarena Mfg Ltd (not current owner)|
|Trainer||J D Frost|
|Sarena Special is a thoroughbred racehorse out of Lariston Gale by Lucky Guest. He was born around 1997 in England, and was bred by Bealy Court Stud.|
Towcester, Severn Valley Catering Novices' Selling Hurdle (May 2005)
|Horse (Equus ferus caballus)|
|Last updated on July 11, 2007|
Sarena Special was ridden by Neil Pollard to second place at Lingfield Park Racecourse, just two weeks after his debut race, finishing 1¾ lengths behind the winner.
Sarena Special, ridden by Francis Norton, achieved second place again in his fourth race at Warwick Racecourse in a dramatic finish, losing by just ¼ length.
Eight months later, another second place result in his sixth race, ridden by Seb Sanders at Kempton Park Racecourse. This was followed by a third place finish shortly after; for his next fourteen races, he finished very close to the back of the pack and pulled up in two of those races.
July 14, 2002, at Chepstow, ridden by Vince Slattery, was to be the first of two wins for Sarena Special. He won by ¾-length in a very close finish with five other horses.
Sarena Special's next four races were again of a low performance, but the final three races of his career were successful. Ridden by Richard Johnson at Leicester Racecourse, 11 January 2005, resulted in a third place. Chris Honour rode Sarena Special to second place in his penultimate race.
Sarena Special's final race was at Towcester, May 17, 2005. Ridden again by Richard Johnson, he won by half a length in a dramatic finish despite being the oldest horse in that race.
Even though Sarena Special's final three races appeared to show good form, he was retired after his last win.
- 2nd, European Breeders Fund Nashville Maiden Stakes, Lingfield Park Racecourse, May 29, 1999.
- 2nd, Tattersalls Maiden Auction Stakes, Warwick Racecourse, July 2, 1999.
- 2nd, Kempton For Exhibitions Maiden Stakes, Kempton Park Racecourse, April 24, 2000.
- 3rd, Michael Simmonds Memorial Maiden Stakes, Sandown Park Racecourse, June 16, 2000.
- 1st, Organiser UK Maiden Handicap, Chepstow, June 14, 2002.
- 3rd, Dove Selling Handicap Hurdle, Leicester Racecourse, January 11, 2005.
- 2nd, Letheby & Christopher Selling Handicap Hurdle, Hereford Racecourse, April 28, 2005.
- 1st, Severn Valley Catering Novices' Selling Hurdle, Towcester, May 17, 2005.
After Sarena Special's final race he has been retired as a racehorse since 2005 and now enjoys regular hacking with his current owner in Hampshire, UK.