Seeking The Gold
|Seeking The Gold|
|Grandsire||Raise a Native|
|Seeking The Gold is a thoroughbred racehorse out of Con Game by Mr. Prospector. He was born around 1985 in the United States, and was bred by Ogden Phipps.|
Super Derby (1988)|
Peter Pan Stakes (1988)
Dwyer Stakes (1988)
Swale Stakes (1988)
|Horse (Equus ferus caballus)|
|Last updated on August 10, 2007|
Seeking The Gold (foaled 1985 in Kentucky) is an American thoroughbred Stallion racehorse. He was sired by the leading stud, Mr. Prospector, who in turn was a son of Raise a Native, out of the mare, Con Game.
He was raced at 2, 3, and 4, and never placed worse than second in 15 starts earning over $2 million lifetime.
Winning the Super Derby, the Peter Pan Stakes, the Dwyer Stakes, and the Swale Stakes, he placed second by a nose to Forty Niner in the 1988 Haskell Invitational Handicap, and second to Alysheba in the 1988 Breeder's Cup Classic.
As a sire
Seeking The Gold currently is standing at stud at Claiborne Farm for a fee of $125,000 (live foal). Very successful, as at 07/28/08, Seeking The Gold has sired eighty-five Stakes winners of which eighteen are Grade I winners. Some of his notable progeny includes:
- Heavenly Prize (b.1991) - won eight Grade I races, 1994 American Champion 3-Yr-Old Filly
- Seeking the Pearl (b.1994) - first Japan-based horse to win a Group 1 race in Europe, career earnings of $4,021,716
- Meiner Love (b.1995) - Japanese multi-millionaire
- Gold Tiara (b. 1996) - raced in Japan, career earnings of $3,548,991
- Cash Run (b. 1997) - won the 1997 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies
- Catch the Ring (b. 1997) - Canadian Champion 3-Yr-Old Filly
- Dream Supreme (b. 1997) - won 2001 Breeders' Cup Distaff
- Pleasant Home (b.2001) - won 2005 Breeders' Cup Distaff
- Wanderin Boy (b.2001)(deceased) - multiple stakes winner including G1 Pimlico Special