|Dam||Classy 'n Smart|
|Grandsire||Raise a Native|
|Smart Strike is a thoroughbred racehorse out of Classy 'n Smart by Mr. Prospector. He was born around 1992 in Canada, and was bred by Sam-Son Farm.|
Salvator Mile Handicap (1996)|
Philip H. Iselin Handicap (1996)
|Leading sire in North America (2007, 2008)|
|Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame (2008)|
|Horse (Equus ferus caballus)|
Smart Strike (foaled 1992 in Ontario) is a Canadian Thoroughbred racehorse. The son of the Champion sire, Mr. Prospector, and out of the Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame mare, Classy 'n Smart, Smart Strike is a half-brother to 1991 Canadian Triple Crown champion, Dance Smartly.
Owned and bred by Sam-Son Farm, on the racetrack, Smart Strikes' most important win came in the Grade I Philip H. Iselin Handicap. However, he was just developing into a top-flight horse when his career was cut short by injury. He suffered a condylar fracture during a workout while preparing for the Breeder's Cup.
A Champion sire
Retired to stud duty at Lane's End Farm in Versailles, Kentucky in 1997, Smart Strike's value as a stallion has risen dramatically as a result of the performance of his offspring. Going into 2009, Smart Strike is the sire of fifty-six stakes winners including:
- Fleetstreet Dancer (b. 1998) - won Japan Cup Dirt
- Tenpins (b. 1998) - Philip H. Iselin Handicap
- Soaring Free (b. 1999) - Canadian Horse of the Year (2004), set North American record for 7 furlongs on turf
- Portcullis (b. 1999) - 2002 Champion Grass Horse in Canada
- Added Edge (b. 2000) - Canadian Champion 2-Year-Old Colt (2002)
- English Channel (b. 2002) - American Champion Male Turf Horse (2007), multiple Grade 1 winner winner including the Breeders' Cup Turf
- Gold Strike (b. 2002) - wins included the Woodbine Oaks. Voted 2005 Canadian Champion 3-Year-Old Filly (2005)
- Fabulous Strike (b. 2003) - earned a "huge" 118 Beyer Speed Figure in his first race of 2007  then won the Aristides Breeders' Cup Stakes
- Strike a Deal (b. 2004) - won the Laurel Futurity (2006), Straight Deal Stakes (2007)
- Curlin (b. 2004) - 2007 / 2008 American Horse of the Year, wins include Preakness Stakes, Breeders' Cup Classic, Dubai World Cup
- Lookin at Lucky (b. 2007) - at two, won three Grade 1 races. 2010 Champion Preakness Stakes Winner. Winner of over 2 million dollars at the age of 3. Voted 2009 American Champion Two-Year-Old Colt
For his contribution to Thoroughbred racing, Smart Strike was inducted in the Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame in 2008.