Sunshine Millions Filly & Mare Turf
The Sunshine Millions Filly & Mare Turf is a race for thoroughbred horses held in January at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, California or at Gulfstream Park in Hallandale Beach, Florida. Half the eight races of the Sunshine Millions are run at one track and half at the other.
Open to four-year-olds and older fillies and mares willing to race one and one/eighth miles on the turf, the Filly & Mare Turf is an ungraded stakes event but carries a purse of $500,000. This race is also known as the Warren's Thoroughbred Filly & Mare Turf (in 2006) as part of the eight-race Sunshine Millions series.
In its 9th running in 2011, the series of races called the Sunshine Millions are restricted to horses bred either in Florida or in California and is the brainchild of the Thoroughbred Owners of California, the California Thoroughbred Breeders Association, the Florida Thoroughbred Breeders’ and Owners’ Association, Inc., Santa Anita Park, Gulfstream Park, and Magna Entertainment Corporation.
- 2010 - Tight Precision (Fla-bred) (Joel Rosario)
- 2009 - Wild Promises (Fla-bred) (Aaron Gryder)
- 2008 - Quite a Bride (Fla-bred) (Garrett Gomez)
- 2007 - Miss Shop (Fla-bred) (Rafael Bejarano)
- 2006 - Moscow Burning (Cal-bred) (David R. Flores)
- 2005 - Valentine Dancer (Cal-bred) (Jon Court)
- 2004 - Valentine Dancer (Cal-bred) (Jon Court)
- 2003 - Stay Forever (Fla-bred) (Jose Santos)