1) Clive Brittain (United Kingdom)|
2) Eoin G. Harty (United States)
|Well Armed is a thoroughbred racehorse out of Well Dressed by Tiznow. He was born around 2003 in the United States, and was bred by WinStar Farm.|
Shadwell Farm Trophy (2006)|
Goodwood Stakes (2008)
San Antonio Handicap (2008)
San Diego Handicap (2008)
Dubai World Cup (2009)
|Horse (Equus ferus caballus)|
Well Armed (foaled April 4, 2003 in Kentucky) is an American Thoroughbred racehorse sired by Tiznow out of the stakes winning mare Well-Dressed which places Seattle Slew on the top and bottom of his pedigree. Bred and owned by WinStar Farm, he is trained by Eoin Harty.
Well Armed raced in England but was laid up with a fractured pelvis after finishing eleventh in the 2006 UAE Derby in Dubai. He did not race again until the fall of 2007 when he finished fourth in his American debut in an Allowance race at California's Santa Anita Park.
His most important win to date came on March 28, 2009 at Nad Al Sheba Racecourse when he won the Grade 1 $6 Million Dollar Dubai World Cup by a record 14-lengths over Gloria De Campeao. Well Armed has been ridden in all of his starts in the United States by Aaron Gryder.
Well Armed is behind current earnings of John Henry and Lava Man and may be the second gelding to surpass the $6 million dollar zone.
In the annual San Diego Handicap on August 2nd 2009, Well Armed made his first debut there since the Dubai World Cup in March. Unfortunately the winner turned out to be Informed. As mentioned on NTRA, Informed ran down a loose on lead to Mast Track in the final strides to win by a nose ahead on Sunday at Del Mar in the Grade 2, $250,000 San Diego Handicap.
Soon after the last place disappointment, Well Armed was found to have a small chip in his left front ankle and has had surgery on it. Well Armed was sent to the Alamo Pintado Clinic near Solvang, Calif., where the chip was discovered. 
- ↑ Well Armed's pedigree, Pedigree Online Thoroughbred Database
- ↑ Well Armed ready for showpiece horse race in Dubai, AFP, March 28, 2009
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Rags to Riches to resume training - Well Armed earns shot in Native Diver, ESPN, November 13, 2007
- ↑ Well Armed wins Dubai World Cup, Associated Press, March 28, 2009
- ↑ http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/racing-news/2009/August/07/Well-Armed-out-with-ankle-chip.aspx